Welcome to the DECODED Open Source Conference
If you've had a chance to watch the DECODED Show, you'll know that it's a Microsoft videocast, but it's almost always unorthodox, and, at times, irreverent. DECODED takes viewers around the globe and shares modern developer best practices. This conference holds true to those values, bringing these best practices for modern developers to you, in person.
The DECODED Open Source Conference is a two-day, four-track conference in Dublin, Ireland, where you will hear from the experts who are in the trenches, building open source technologies with our customers in the Microsoft ecosystem on Azure, using high scale data, machine learning, client-side dev, and DevOps at cloud scale.
You cannot represent the conference's price with a number; it is completely FREE!
Who's this conference for?
What type of things will be talked about?
Each day, we will be presenting four different tracks (The full conference agenda with schedule can be found here.)Day One:
- Azure PaaS
- Mostly focused on getting different languages and applications running correctly in Azure.
- Big Data and Machine Learning
- We'll cover the Big Data hosting options in Azure in the morning and then jump into Machine Learning.
- Design and Client-Side Development
- More than pushing pixels around the screen, we're talking about design with emotion, accessibilty and the like. We'll jump into mixed media and mapping in the afternoon.
- Process and Continuous Deployment
- Without the right process, no software would ever get finished, and definitely wouldn't be responsive to changing requirements and customer demands. We'll cover helping you understand and implement these.
- Azure DevOps and Containers
- Containerization is a huge trend in cloud computing that we'll dive into with Docker, Cloud Foundry, Mesos and more.
- Machine Learning
- Yesterday was data and an intro to Machine Learning; today we dive into deep learning and neural networks.
- Client-Side Cross-Platform Development
- Yesterday was about design, today we dive into the practical elements around how to do cross platform dev with Cordova, React Native, and more.
- IoT has never been more accessible than it is now. We'll start by talking about micro-controllers and then move to the backend as we build out smart systems.
What are the styles of the talks?
Thursday and Friday (May 5 and 6) are made up of conference sessions, whereas Saturday (May 7th) is a full set of hands-on workshops including those for IoT, Creative Programming with Unity, DevOps and Azure 101.
The folks presenting are building and releasing OSS applications every day, side by side with real-world customers. Many of our team members are well-known speakers from several OSS-based conferences.